For months now I have been planning to publish this review
regarding Fabrick Castell's Polychromos line, and finally, now, I have managed
to finish it. In a way, I think it was good even my little ( small ?
/ Laughs) delay, since I have already been able to use my palette in many works
and I am absolutely sure that they are the best crayons there are. Want to
know why? So come on.
Polychromos is Faber Castell's professional
color pencil line. They come with the proposition of being permanent,
resistant to water, not to vanish and have very resistant tips. After a
year of use, I can confirm all this. In fact, the tips are so sturdy, that
they never broke when falling to the floor (and unfortunately I let that happen
often). This also makes them very easy to aim with a stylus, since, along
with soft wood, it is not necessary to apply force that could cause the tip to
break.
Polychromos x Albrecht Dürer
The colors are the same, by nomenclature, as the pallets
Albrecht Dürer (AD). As of the latter I have only 36, I can not compare
all, but I can already have a concrete idea of the comparison between colors. Polychromoshave
very vibrant colors, easy to apply, but they are not as pigmented as AD
watercolors. The following image has some examples:
Still, Polychromos offer excellent coverage, especially
from the second layer of color . And my favorite part: it accepts
infinite layers , and the color continues to merge perfectly with the ones
below. Of courseinfinite is a figurative way of speaking, but so far,
in all my works, I have been able to apply many layers myself .Even
when the area seems saturated, in which a school pencil would have no more
effect, it is possible to apply colors with traces in medium pressure.
In my paintings with crayons, I like to completely erase (or
as much as possible) the texture of the paper .The most efficient way to
do this is obviously using a plain paper. But still, depending on the
pressure used, the characteristic texture of painting with pencil appears. Therefore,
I always try to use more than one layer in all areas of the drawing, and, as I
get closer to the result I want, I apply the last layer with greater pressure,
to completely close all the small white spaces that could still be there.
esistance to light
The lightfastness classification of Faber-Castell
pencils is as follows:
*** = Maximum resistance. It means that the color of
the painting lasts 100 years or more without fading.
** = Very good resistance. Lasts 25 years or more without fading.
* = Good resistance. Lasts 5 years or more without fading.
** = Very good resistance. Lasts 25 years or more without fading.
* = Good resistance. Lasts 5 years or more without fading.
The vast majority of Polychromos are classified with
maximum resistance (***), which are 102 of them.Only 2 are rated with
resistance of only 5 years or more, which are the colors # 119 Light
Magenta , and # 155 Manganese Violet .
Next, I put Faber Castell's entire table in pdf, from
the original site of the brand , with the spaces to paint the table of
colors (this makes it much easier to paint the drawings).
Conclusions and present for download
I will reaffirm what I said at the beginning of this
review: Polychromos are the best colored pencils in the world . I've
tested several brands, and those are undoubtedly the ones that made me more
satisfied with the result (and I'm a boring person). I bought
the 60 color palette and maybe one day I won as a
gift invest in one of 120. But, at the moment, the 60 colors
are more than enough; even because it contains some nuances that I do not
use (and I think I'll never use it), and I even replaced them with single
colors that I ordered from the palette of 120.
As I use them VERY much, my favorite colors are already very
small, but for this very reason I took the opportunity to order 3 to 5 units of
each one. I even recommend buying single pencils on international
websites, because the price here in BR is exorbitant.
And also, I changed the color chart pattern I
introduced in my first reviews. I did something more functionalnow,
which can be downloaded, printed and painted according to the colors you have. They
were small, but it's just a quick reference that should fit in the box (it has
to fold once).
No comments:
Post a Comment