Monday, May 14, 2018

A great experience on my first Artist's Alley, and first Animextreme not even that great


On the weekend of days 7 and 8 (2 weeks or so), I attended the first Artist's Alley of my life . I will tell you here why I found the experience so cool, and at the same time, not so much .
I had already participated in Anime / Nerd events here in the city (Bento Gonçalves), which is an interior and people are still slightly more closed to these things (I thought). But as the public response here to my work was very positive, I figured that in a larger event it would be even better . You know nothing, Jon Snow.
I'll start by saying what was good about the event. Why, despite my final criticisms, I loved having participated!And I might even say that I intend to go again. But let's leave the conclusions to the end.

Great # 1: There are amazing artists very close to me

Yes! I met many incredible talented artists , with great initiatives and ideas, that are right here in RS and had never seen anything about them. So regardless of any result, I met new art buds , more experienced people in the artistic life who shared many tips with me.
The first one was Camila Raposa , who had the table right next to ours - yes, of course: I took my squire, Pauline (best sister) to help me with that. Camila does some wonderful watercolors, and is almost the human printer of the characters. She does everything so beautiful and produces SO MUCH that I found it extremely positive to talk to her about it.
Another artist I met there, with a job that I loved VERY, went to Nanda Passos . In fact, I have already saved the references for a future inspirational post.This post on Thiago Krening's Instagram on the event, which I left here, is a great summary of the coolest things about Artist's Alley.
At the end of Sunday, it was my favorite part of the whole experience, in which we exchanged gear with one another. This contributed very positively to my magnetic wall. Now it's getting wonderful:

Blank Infinity and Gabi's Jupiter now have these wonderful prints of Carol and Nanda . I found it very wasteful to stick the stickers somewhere, so I left Thiago , Camila and Capivarinha on the mural as well. There are also the cards of Bruna and Jakie , which I found valid to use as decoration. Was not it beautiful? (I.e.

Great # 2: Many new people got to know my work

This, undoubtedly, was one of the best things, and I can count on the finished goal. This contact with new people has already given me great partnerships, as well as a very positive result after the event - I was so happy with who scored me in the sotries with the prints! ♥
I was also very happy that Blank Infinity pleased so many people . This, of course, brought me many new project ideas with her, as well as other characters of mine that I still want to work on. As for the audience that actually stopped at my desk and was interested in the work, it was really a director for me.

Great # 3: These cosplays

The cosplayers are Liadan Soul (Super Sailor Moon), Dryade (Venus) and Slyth Salaz (Pluto).
But what was so bad, then?
I think I can sum it up in one word: YOUTUBERS .
Yeah, and I'll explain.
It is undeniable that Youtubers are now the "new celebrities" and that they attract crowds. I myself very much like to follow channels of countless themes - from supernatural news to beauty tips, going through, of course, the many artist channels I like. So what could go wrong in inviting only Youtubers with over 5 million subscribers each?
The answer is: CONTEXT . In an event that is defined as the largest GEEK event in southern Brazil, called ANIME XTREME, we want to see what? Nerdices and Japanese culture, maybe? Everything related to anime and series, maybe? Scribes and writers, yes or no? Yeah.
I identified only 2 voice actors at the event's "line up," and they were still scheduled for a timetable that was basically only the exhibitors and themselves on the spot (1pm). Most of the guests I saw listed on the schedule were Youtubers I had never heard of - and for an obvious reason. In a quick search on each of them, I saw that some of them even were on the subject, like Haru and Satty. So, we get into the final balance of official photographs, and what do we have?


No comments:

Post a Comment